For those who have completed our ‘Introduction to Homelessness Law’ or ‘Domestic Abuse and Homelessness Law’ courses, this course builds on the areas covered and looks in more detail at how to apply the knowledge – how to use formal avenues to challenge negative council decisions effectively in order to support people into safe, suitable accommodation.
On completion of this course you will have:
- An understanding of the different avenues in which decisions can be challenged.
- A practical understanding of the pros and cons of these different avenues and know when to use them whilst being sensitive to the inter-organisational politics this can lead to.
- Applied this to in-depth case studies.
- Explored the emotional impact that challenging council decisions can bring and looked at strategies to avoid burn out.
- An awareness of natural partners that you can work with to strengthen challenges.
Who is this course for?
This course will be suitable for individuals who have completed ‘Introduction to Homelessness Law’ and want to apply the knowledge into every day situations.
Costs, date and venue
This training is £50 for those attending in a professional capacity and £30 for those who are paying for it themselves and attending in their own time.
The course will be delivered on Zoom (so delegates will need adequate IT equipment and internet connection to participate in the course). Discounts for block bookings are also available, please email us for more information.
The training course runs from 9am to 4pm. Upcoming dates for this training are;
- Friday 28th January 2022
- Friday 13th May 2022
Cancellations within 7 days of the course date will not be refundable, but places can be rolled over to a different date.
The invoice will include details on how to pay.