Complex trauma is a term used to describe the effects on individuals who have been through a variety of traumatic experiences. Many people accessing homelessness services have gone through such experiences, the effects of which are crucial to understand in order to deliver appropriate support to them.
Dr Dean Whittington, author of Beaten into Violence and Psychologically Informed Environments is delivering a one day course through JustUs for professionals working in sectors related to homelessness.
Aims of the day
- To define complex trauma
- To understand the key tools for professionals working with clients who have complex trauma issues
- Provide a holistic framework for practitioners to support individuals effectively in the midst of their complex life challenges within a therapeutic support structure, and to think reflectively.
- Detail the psychological input needed throughout individuals’ contact with professional services, drawing on a wide range pf psychological theories including concepts from Bowlby, Adler, Berne, Khantzian, Miller, Stack-Sullivan and Steiner.
Who is this course for?
- This course will be suitable for new and experienced frontline workers and volunteers as well as managers of services that regularly have contact with people affected by homelessness.
Costs, date and venue
- The course costs £50 per delegate from Statutory services, £50 for those from the voluntary sector and £30 for those who are self-funding and attending in their own time and will be on Friday the 2nd July from 9.00am-4.30pm. The course will be delivered on Zoom so delegates will need adequate IT equipment and internet connection to participate in the course. Discounts for block bookings are also available, please email us for more information.
- Cancellations after the 21st June will not be refundable.
- Email email@example.com to book your place (once you have read the terms and conditions), along with your name, whether you are self-funding / attending from a third sector organisation / statutory organisation and the postal address for the invoice
- The invoice will include details on how to pay.