Part-time, sub contract zero hours contract, 3 year fixed term contract.
Up to £9,000 a year maximum (£15.00 per hour)
JustUs is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) that provides advocacy for people who are homeless or who are threatened with homelessness. The charity was established in 2016.
Administrator Role Part Time – (flexible working from home required – some weekends and evenings) Salary: £9,000 a year maximum based on c. 50 hours per month at £15.00 per hour. Please note that to comply with GDPR the applicant would have to have a safe and secure working environment at home. Applications (CV and covering letter explaining your suitability for the role) via JustUs to email@example.com – application deadline has been brought forward to 9am on the 30/03/2020 due to business demand .
JustUs advocates for people who are legally defined as homeless or threatened with homelessness to ensure that they secure housing through the legal duties that are owed to them by the Local Authority.
JustUs also campaigns for change and delivers training to teach others working in the sector (or related sectors) the fundamentals around Housing Law so that they too can support homeless people in the way that we do. For more information visit: www.justus.org.uk
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide office support for JustUs
This varied role will be pivotal to the support of JustUs and the administrator must be able to deal competently and professionally with all administration requirements, in particular the following duties and responsibilities are required:
Main duties and responsibilities
- To ensure that the JustUs financial accounts are accurately maintained on a monthly basis, and that the accounts are prepared ready for independent examination or auditing on a yearly basis consistent with the JustUs accounting Financial Year End (FYE);
- To ensure that the JustUs Annual Return, Receipts and Payments spreadsheet and Annual Report are completed consistent with the JustUs FYE and submitted to the Charity Commission in a timely manner;
- To ensure that the Gift Aid Schedule is completed on a yearly basis, for all public donations that are eligible, consistent with the JustUs FYE and submitted to HMRC in a timely manner;
- To raise invoices to attendees of JustUs training and to ensure prompt payment;
- To ensure invoices from other agencies for services provided to JustUs are promptly dealt with;
- To deal with anything related to banking and finance;
- To manage Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) applications;
- To assist with funding applications;
- To assist with marketing, promotion and events;
- To oversee and assist the caseworkers/trainers in their operational activities;
- To assist with any other reasonable administration tasks as required by the JustUs Case Workers and/or Board of Trustees.
Essential skills and experience
- GSCE or equivalent, grade A-C in Maths & English
- High standards of written English and numeracy.
- Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office.
- Basic finance and bookkeeping ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of writing fundraising applications including evidencing need, outcomes and impact (desirable).
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Good organisation skills with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- A deep commitment to ethical practice, honesty and personal learning.
- Discretion, flexibility, reliability and trustworthiness.
- Willingness to undertake DBS check
- An understanding of the homelessness sector (desirable).
- Empathy towards homelessness.
The Administrator would be required to work from home, keep a record of his or her own working hours and invoice the charity for payment on a monthly basis.